Skip to main content

January's Ipsy Review




I am so behind on this blog post as well. What's New? Being sick for 2 weeks can do that to ya.
More than likely this post will go up and Feb's will follow right after. Since it's March, already. On the Brightside, I have had plenty of time to try the products out! Amiright?

The bag for the month was a sporty mesh pouch in the colors Blue with a Bright orange stripe. Looks more pinky in the photo
The theme for the month was -Game Face

*Set those goals you're looking for and Crush them while looking fierce.*
I will conquer__________________?
What would you put on the line?

Mine would be Lupus Of course!


Let's get into my bag first  -  Here is everything I received


The 1st product I got was an eyeshadow
 from the brand Absolute New York
 It sells for $4.99
in the shade- VIP

The shade is a golden bronze shade that you can wear alone or create a gorgeous smoky eye. This velvety shimmer shade blends like butter.

This is a highly pigmented and long lasting shadow.
I have been very content with using it alone but will have to try a smokey eye.


 The 2nd product is a Full-size eyeliner pen

 from the brand CiateLondon
It sells for $19.00
 this is a Fierce Flicks felt tip liner. It's an inky black shade that dries quickly and will not budge, smudge, or transfer  The first line was with a super shaky hand (Sorry) the next was better.

This makes a cat eye easy or gets that perfect flick.
 (Not to try when you have taken Medications, Shaky hands Don't help. That is why I don't rock cats eye.)
 I love the products from Ciate they are a brand I would purchase.

The 3rd product is a lip balm

 from the brand  Preventive Measures
It sells for $8.00
 in the flavor of Passionfruit.

This is a slight bit of moisture to my lips, but my lips are a mess anyway.

 So I didn't think it would work.  I used it and for the most part, my lips felt soft on top of my cracked sore lips.

The formula itself has some great antioxidants, fruit oils that will soften your lips. 
Works great under a matte lip. It's just the right barrier so your lips don't feel so dried up.
 I have used it under my eyes and on my nose lately from being sick. I am sure that you can find a lip balm in the drugstore but if you are looking for something a bit more Try this brand out.

The 4th product is a sample of Shampoo

 from the brand Briogeo
 It sells for $42.00 for 8.0 oz.
this is a scalp revival charcoal & coconut oil Micro-Exfoliating shampoo

This is supposed to help exfoliate your scalp and hair follicles so that your hair can grow. 
Great Ingredients like fresh mint, cooling peppermint, spearmint and tea tree oils also infused
with a dose of vitamins & Panthenol which strengthens and nourishes your strands. 
I haven't used this yet because I have been testing a new product out.
Update on the product - This made my hair so soft, shiny and touchable after each use. I haven't seen any hair growth yet.

The 5th product is a sample size of a highlighter

 from the brand TheBalm
It sells for $24.00
in the shade Mary-Lou Manizer
This is another great product from this brand. I love them, they have such cute packaging and amazing products. 
This highlighter is a warm Honeyish shade with some subtle shimmer.
 You can apply this wherever you like Face, shoulders, cupid Bow, wherever you need a bit of Highlighter.
You can build this up for a more glowing look if you like. I like a subtle glow but glad that you can build upon it.


This brand is also cruelty-free which is also a bonus. I will continue to purchase The Balm's products.

That was everything in my bag.  The only thing was that lip balm, but it's not it's fault. I just have horrible lips because of the high dose of steroids and Medications I take. Haven't found a lip balm that has helped for an everyday use If you know of one pls let me know?


 On to Jayedybug's Products

Jayedyn's bag is the exact same one, same colors everything.


The 1st product she got was a foam cleanser

 from the brand RealChemistry
 It sells for $24.00

This product has some pretty awesome ingredients Grapefruit & amino acids remove dirt, oils, and makeup while conditioning your skin. It can be used both Am & Pm and great for all skin types.
It's a cream formula that gets foamy as you work it in. Jayedyn gave it a 3 out of 5 it was just okay.


The 2nd product is a Stay put Brow Gel
  from the brand Bellapierre
It sells for $20.00
The applicator is a lot like the Benefit one with a pot of creme and an applicator that you flip over and push in.
This is a soft hold, long-wearing brow color. It keeps the brows looking feathery and fluffy all day. It is buildable formula it feels in any spareness with a waterproof stay all day look.
She really liked this and will continue to use it.

 The 3rd product is a full-size liquid Matte lipstick
 from the brand SoSusan
This sells for $14.00
in the shade Pumpkin -which is a warm Neutral shade with Orange undertones.
The formula is highly pigmented very moisture without being sticky. It's a long-lasting color no flaking or drying on the lips.
 This formula is hydrating, moisturizing with Olive oil, Cocoa Butter and Chamomile Extract. This was a liquid lip she really liked and will continue using.

 The 4th product is a Balance hydrating & calming Serum
 from the brand LUE 
  It sells for $15.00
This is a hydrating, calming serum which firms and tones. It also keeps oil and shine at bay while minimizing pores.
It can be used on all skin types it is oil-free, gentle and moisturizing to the skin it will increase moisture retention and counter the effects of any environmental aggressors. *Jayedyn used this and like how it moisturized her face and made it super soft.

 The 5th product is a mini sample of Highlighter
  from the brand  The Balm
 It sells for $24.00
This is another Great product from this brand that doesn't disappoint
It's a honey-hued luminizer that makes your skin look softer and younger it's a subtle glow but can build it up for a much more intense look. Jayedyn say's She 's not Illuminizing enough for her.
This is such another great product. If you are looking for fun packaging and ahhmazing products. Check them out.

Jayedyn liked everything in the bag except the Mary Lou-manizer Highlight
 (She's Not A Highlight) Her words. She will be giving it to me.

Well ya'll,  that is all the products in the month's ipsy bags.
 What do you think any products you are interested in trying. Leave me a comment on what products you received in your bag.

As always Thanks for taking the time to read.

          Stay Strong and Keep fighting,
                          Xoxo, Misty


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESSENCE MAKEUP REVIEW

Makeup can be high end and really expensive or drugstore and very budget friendly.  Just because a drugstore brand is budget friendly doesn't mean it is bad quality. Right? Recently while perusing my local Ulta store with Jayedyn                      (on the hunt for a blue eye liner )  after looking at all the different brands from Urban Decay, Ulta , Nyx etc. and coming up empty and disappointed we were ready to walk away when i suggested one more look . Tucked away on an end cap of the isle was a small product line. I had never even looked at this brand before but sitting on the shelf was the perfect blue shade of eyeliner that Jayedyn was searching for & on a 15 yr old girls budget too. I started to take a closer look at some of the products . The nail polish is what  drew me in, the colors were so pretty, it also looked like there were a few dupes for some high end products as well. I ended up picking up a few products to try .  The brand I am talking about  is @

Dec. Ipsy Bag review

Let me start by saying that I hope your Holidays were filled with Joy and Love.  Mine was a bit crazy but life is with 5 kids. **If you follow me on social media you will also know that My Husband's mother passed away It's been tough and Lonnie is Grieving in his own way My kids are okay because they know that she isn't in any more pain.  They have wonderful memories to hold on to so they will never forget her. Her ashes will be spread around a mountain area with horses That was her passion! This won't happen until May or June so it made christmas a bit rough . But we made it through. The bag for the month was super cute with a splash of mint & silver and some sparkle.          it definitely reminds me of winter. The theme for the month was Snow Globe- What does December beauty look like for you? The ipsters were ; @THEGABRIELZAMORA  @BAILEYSARIAN @CYDBEE @MADISON89MILLER @SAYTHELESS Here is my bag of fun -  The 1st product was a sam