Skip to main content

ESSENCE MAKEUP REVIEW

Makeup can be high end and really expensive or drugstore and very budget friendly. 
Just because a drugstore brand is budget friendly doesn't mean it is bad quality. Right?

Recently while perusing my local Ulta store with Jayedyn 
                    (on the hunt for a blue eye liner ) 
after looking at all the different brands from Urban Decay, Ulta , Nyx etc. and coming up empty and disappointed we were ready to walk away when i suggested one more look .
Tucked away on an end cap of the isle was a small product line. I had never even looked at this brand before but sitting on the shelf was the perfect blue shade of eyeliner that Jayedyn was searching for & on a 15 yr old girls budget too.

I started to take a closer look at some of the products . The nail polish is what  drew me in, the colors were so pretty, it also looked like there were a few dupes for some high end products as well. I ended up picking up a few products to try . 

The brand I am talking about  is @Essencemakeup

 My Ulta had a very small section of products so of course when I got home I jumped on the web site . I emailed the company to see if their was anyway that they wanted to do a collaboration and a few days later I received an email saying that they would send some product my way. 
                     Insert Happy Dance !

**I want you to know that Just because I received products doesn't mean I am not going to give my honest opinion on how they wear on me .

With that out of the way Lets talk about the products i was sent .
 I got  a lip liner , 2 lipsticks ,a lip gloss &  a nail polish.

Let's talk about the nail polish first.
The shade -21 "Steel the world" is from the METALS collection. 
This is a gorgeous metallic shade, it applies easily , the brush is the perfect size for  application to your nails and it dries pretty fast which we all can use now a days .
 I am a sucker for a quick polish job. I change my nail color almost every week and can't get enough of the beautiful shades, Plus the price point is amazingly affordable . Polishes run about $2.00, so for the whole system.
 Base, polish color and top coat it's all under $10.00 . That is less than what I would pay for a gel polish color on most brands.
Count me in, I am sold . I 
have so many polishes now that sit and don't get used as much,
(this is an understatement i have close to 100 or more !)







I Use to work in a spa and purchased a lot for my personal use.

 I am unable to work now, because of my Lupus which has gotten pretty bad , which means that the only use they get is on myself and my daughter.  But I just can't seem to get enough .

The shade of polish I bought from the Gel Line is called *Amazed By You  
It is a gorgeous Deep purple 
The brush is just the right size for a perfect nail application.
 It applies beautifully and honestly you only need one coat.
 If you want a bit more darker then you could apply a few more coats for the shade you want.
This polish dries quickly and lasts. I have had mine on for 7 days a full week with no problems . My polish is so shiny it looks like I just had a manicure . 

This is a great polish and I plan on purchasing a lot more shades .

 Lip liner - In the long lasting line- the shade- 
05 Lovely Frappuccino .
The shade to me is  my lips but better .
It is highly pigmented and does not bleed or feather on my lips.  


The lipstick quickly became my favorite !
The shade is called -Cute Nude 02 in the- sheer and shine line. 
This is one that fits my pale face perfectly. Just the right amount of pigment that you can build up for a bit more 
Va-voom if you want . 
It is more on the pinky/ peach shade which is exactly perfect for me. It is very easy to apply and moisturizing on your lips, smells like a sweet vanilla. 
Not overwhelming or annoying. 
The packaging is pretty with a sheer cover. 
This is always with me. I am going to have to get a few for back ups . 

The other lipstick I received was in a sleek black case with the Shade color in a band around the middle . 




The shade color I got was- Natural Beauty .  This is a beautiful shade and moisturizing to the lips . Another great Lip product to add to my beauty regimen.  I am very surprised with the quality of these products and look forward to try out more. I gave the silky touch blushes a go.

Those are amazing as well, I have 2 shades 
#10 Adorable                                                #20 Babydoll



















These blushes are highly pigmented and blend beautifully They feel buttery soft to the touch and glide on the skin like a dream I am definitely picking up some more shades .

I also picked up a single eye shadow 
The eye shadow in * Keep calm and Berry On 
 is a purple buttery smooth shade it blends easily and so far it is long wearing .  
This is what i was wearing in my outer V in this picture.


The brow gel *Make me brow in the shade-03 soft browny 
brows

This stuff is great , It is perfect for brushing through and depositing the pigment exactly wear you want it to go .The wand is small enough to get every brow hair and where I am missing gets in and mimics hair for me with tiny fibers.  I had no problem with it fading or wiping away . 

The next products I got were the Lash Princess Mascara's 

The packaging is adorable .  

The false lashes mascara
gave me a slight bit more looking lashes but I didn't like how it wore on my eyes . It felt heavy and clumped up . Not to say that it is a bad product it just didn't wear that well on me . I am still gonna try it out a few more times and see what results I get . 

The Volume mascara
















 I loved It !
It has a weird shaped wand which i found to coat all my lashes, even the tiny little ones that hide away and get missed . The result that I got was noticeable  on my sparse lashes it gave it just that bit of volume i needed . My husband and my kids thought i had false lashes on. A win in my eyes . There was no clumping, flaking and it lasted a long time . 
                           
This will be added to my makeup rotation as well.


The next time you are at Ulta, or Target take a look at what this brand has to offer. I will be trying out a few more products and will continue to buy more. Do you recommend any products to try from this line? How do you feel about the products and the brand? Let me know in the comments below .
               As always thanks for taking the time to read 

                        Stay Strong and Keep Fighting,
                                      Misty




Products & prices below are  from the essence website .
http://essencemakeup.com/collections/all
Lipstick in sheer and shine collection $2.99
Long lasting Lipsticks $2.99
Lip liner $2.49
Eye Shadow $1.99
Lash Princess mascara $4.99
Nail polish -
The Gel $1.99
The Metals Polish ?




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January's Ipsy Review

I am so behind on this blog post as well. What's New? Being sick for 2 weeks can do that to ya. More than likely this post will go up and Feb's will follow right after. Since it's March, already. On the Brightside, I have had plenty of time to try the products out! Amiright? The bag for the month was a sporty mesh pouch in the colors Blue with a Bright orange stripe. Looks more pinky in the photo The theme for the month was -Game Face *Set those goals you're looking for and Crush them while looking fierce.* I will conquer__________________? What would you put on the line? Mine would be Lupus Of course! Let's get into my bag first  -  Here is everything I received The 1st product I got was an eyeshadow  from the brand  Absolute New York  It sells for $4.99 in the shade- VIP The shade is a golden bronze shade that you can wear alone or create a gorgeous smoky eye. This velvety shimmer shade blends like butter. This

Dec. Ipsy Bag review

Let me start by saying that I hope your Holidays were filled with Joy and Love.  Mine was a bit crazy but life is with 5 kids. **If you follow me on social media you will also know that My Husband's mother passed away It's been tough and Lonnie is Grieving in his own way My kids are okay because they know that she isn't in any more pain.  They have wonderful memories to hold on to so they will never forget her. Her ashes will be spread around a mountain area with horses That was her passion! This won't happen until May or June so it made christmas a bit rough . But we made it through. The bag for the month was super cute with a splash of mint & silver and some sparkle.          it definitely reminds me of winter. The theme for the month was Snow Globe- What does December beauty look like for you? The ipsters were ; @THEGABRIELZAMORA  @BAILEYSARIAN @CYDBEE @MADISON89MILLER @SAYTHELESS Here is my bag of fun -  The 1st product was a sam