Skip to main content

Lupus thoughts and ramblings -Sleep


So the other day someone asked me why I sleep so much? This got my wheels in my brain turning and I thought to myself that is a very good question? Here's what I came up with!



I think I sleep so much because I don't want to face my new reality. TBH this is probably the main reason along with depression. But here are a few more thoughts.

-Pain-in all aspects. I am non- tolerant even with pain meds and, it's all a bit annoying not knowing when or where it will show it's ugly head. Or sometimes why it never ends.


-I'm overweight now because of my medications/ immobility it hurts to move and walk if anything eats up my spoons it's definitely this. I know I need to get up and move, but when I try I struggle so hard,


Then of course there's this ugly monster I fight.  

Pride- Vanity  I hate what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm just ugly. 

I don't have the money needed to buy the clothes I need, get my hair done, or the frickin energy to start with. I just can't win.

-nxt would be my medications.


I take these daily or sometimes thru out my day. I can't help it if I am so exhausted beyond belief and, then add the meds that make me tired, drowsy, etc. to it all. 

I have no control. I could be doing something and, trying to stay awake and, the next thing I know I am waking up much, much later.

 Then I'm wide awake at night because of insomnia. This vicious cycle starts again without my consent...


When my body wants to sleep it sleeps no matter what I'm doing.

(I had to add this one it's how I think my body would talk if it could. Lol)


I haven't been told by my Dr (to not drive per se) but I can't trust myself so I don't (as needed.)


-Its easier to accept that I'm not asked or invited anymore to do the things I used to, and if by some (miraculous reason) this happens I can't go it breaks my heart more.  I am either way to slow for what needs to be done. 

People don't want to wait for me they want to get in and get out. No one wants to wait around for someone in the motorized scooter chairs or my zombie crip walk (as it is often described) so in this sense it just makes me feel like a burden even more. 


Next, this one is just heartbreaking-

-I'm proven daily that without me it would all be okay. How do you ask?

Exclusion- in what is going on or what people are doing.

 I'm still a mom, a wife, a human being I have feelings ..

I know people think it's annoying but, imagine it was you waking up not knowing what was going on, or why someone isn't at home and, then whenever you ask it seems like you're bugging/ annoying people. 


Sadly, I'm done with all the pain, heartbreak, and lack of caring of my feelings and my emotions.  

I'm having to face daily this "New Normal"  and I hate it all.

I hate being not included because I'm sick.

I am frustrated to say the least, my body is not my own and, now I have to add fibromyalgia on top of all these other diagnoses when does it ever end.



I am struggling to maintain any hope in the future that one day I will be able to say "I woke up today and didn't feel any pain"! 



I am so alone I feel in this chronic pain and illness journey if only I can get my pain managed who knows what can happen or what will change. I am going to see a new Dr. For my pain management and I'm praying that this will be the miracle Dr who doesn't just throw meds at me and call it a day. I was referred by my Rheumatology Dr who I love so I'm a bit hopeful... We'll see and of course, I will let you know here.

What are your reasons for sleeping? Why do you think you do it? Let me know? If you need to talk about anything I am here for you.

Thank you for taking the time to read. 

(Not sure who to credit for the photo? found it online. if you know pls tell me so I can give credit )


As always Stay Strong And Keep Fighting, 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESSENCE MAKEUP REVIEW

Makeup can be high end and really expensive or drugstore and very budget friendly.  Just because a drugstore brand is budget friendly doesn't mean it is bad quality. Right? Recently while perusing my local Ulta store with Jayedyn                      (on the hunt for a blue eye liner )  after looking at all the different brands from Urban Decay, Ulta , Nyx etc. and coming up empty and disappointed we were ready to walk away when i suggested one more look . Tucked away on an end cap of the isle was a small product line. I had never even looked at this brand before but sitting on the shelf was the perfect blue shade of eyeliner that Jayedyn was searching for & on a 15 yr old girls budget too. I started to take a closer look at some of the products . The nail polish is what  drew me in, the colors were so pretty, it also looked like there were a few dupes for some high end products as well. I ended up picking up a few products to try .  The brand I am talking about  is @

Impressions Vanity Touch Pro LED makeup mirror Review

I was so excited when I saw this amazing vanity Mirror .  It has so many bells and whistles and they actually all work . *The mirror is beautiful and the perfect size  (Dimensions- mirror surface Approx. 9L x 12.25 inches, mirror body aprox. 8.75L x7.5W 17H) *It's a 360 swivel & tilt mirror which makes it perfect in any angle .  *It has  Ultra bright daylight LED, energy saving & long lasting light. *A front touch sensor switch. Tap it ON & hold it down to adjust the brightness. *The best option IMO. Wireless Bluetooth audio (yes, You can stream your music all while getting dressed. *A front facing Mic lets you answer your phone calls hands-free .. *This is all powered by a rechargeable 4000mAh battery that includes a micro-USB cable. *You can also use the USB to charge your phone & other Devices . *It's Cordless which makes it portable, it comes apart very easily & great for travel. *The mirror is easy to clean with High Gloss

Sept. Ipsy Bag Review Late again

Sept. went by just as fast and boom it’s October.  I am so excited I love fall and Halloween it’s just so much fun and you can be anything or anyone you want. The bag for the month was a graphic Bold clutch, it is adorable with the lil fluttery lashes and its black and gold  The theme for the month-  The question isn’t who is going to let me; it ’s who is going to stop me. Let’s get into my bag 1 st product is a sample of Healing Turmeric mask From the brand APTO I know that turmeric has some pretty amazing healing properties, neem extract draws out your impurities in the pores Azelaic acid is known to slough off the dead skin cells and leaves you with a fresh face. Colloidal sulfur removes your blackheads and gets into your skin and cleanses pores and absorb excess oil. This would be amazing for someone with acneic skin, rosacea. 2 nd product is a  2-in-1 facial foam cleanser From the brand The Crème shop This is another amazing